Diabetes has now become a most common metabolic disease in human beings worldwide affecting at least 7% of world population. India is second largest country harboring Diabetics next to china.
Sedentary lifestyle and excess carbohydrate (with some genetic predisposition) leads to higher incidence of diabetes in India
1. We have almost 5-10% of population in rural area and 10 – 20% in urban area who have diabetes.
2. Many are not aware that they have Diabetes
3. Most of complications happen slow and occurs internally without major symptoms
4. Many a times complications are detected by investigations rather than symptoms
5. Even though complications are preventable, our mindset with no planning of life as well as disease make us prey for this disease